The one and only "Chief Crawling Rock"

The one and only "Chief Crawling Rock"
If only all JEEPS were this sweet

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Wonderful Day!
















Its been awhile since there was a post and Homer claims he is too busy so I thought I would just update so people won't stress any more. We got sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple at noon on the 16th of October. When we got to the temple I was getting a little shaky and Homer was trying not to show his nerves, (not doing that good of a job). Jerick was ready to go and play in the nursery. When we took him to the room he didn't even want us to say goodbye to him. When we got into the sealing room it was beautiful! To see all the family and friends that support us. Jerick came in a little later and didn't know what to think about everyone crying and staring at him. He came over to us at the alter and in true Jerick fashion he started to climb up onto the alter. It was so cute and gave everyone a nice little laugh. He was so adorable all dressed in white! I don't think Homer or I have ever cried so hard. We left the temple and went outside to take pictures. I don't think it could have been a more beautiful day. We decided to walk to Olive Garden for lunch after and thats when all the fun started. I started to feel a little funny as we were waiting to go into the resturant. I didn't think to much of it until we got our food and the stomach pains starting coming and going. I tried to walk outside with Maddie, (No doubt I traumatized Maddie!) While we were eating I leaned over to Homer and said I think we need to go. Homer asked for a box and I tore him a new one. Hello I am in horrible pain and he is worried about his food! Only a man!! Thank goodness Dad and Mom had drove the jeep down to the resturant. We left and poor dad didn't know exactly what to do with a women crying in the backseat. And poor Jerick was trying to comfort me by talking, and well if you have ever been in labor you just need quite! I decided I couldn't wait until American Fork to go to the hospital. So we stopped at the Murray hospital. They put me on the monitors for an hour and said well we can admit you or you can try to make it to home to be with your own doctor. We decided to try and make it to American Fork. But let me back up a little. If you know my dad you know how patient of a man he is, so mom took dad and Jerick home. Well they released us and mom was still not back. I was going crazy she couldn't get there fast enough. When mom finally got there I had found that rocking back and forth on my knees was the only thing helping. When we left Murray it was rush hour. We made it to American Fork Hospital by 6:30 and Kennedy was born at 9:51 that night. She was born on our anniversary and the day that we were sealed. I guess she just wanted to join in the day activities.

7 comments:

The Astle Family said...

Thats so neat. Congratulations! that truly will be a day to remember.

Karren said...

It was an absolutely amazing day, such a blessing! Homer and Whitney were literally glowing, both of them, and Jerick looked like a little angel and was so reverent, except for the climbing on the alter part. Kennedy weighed
6 lbs 8 ozs,17.5 inches, such a little doll, we're so happy to have her in our family! Congratulations Morrill's on your amazing day!!

Tiffany said...

Great Day. I am glad you finally shared it with the blogging world! That hair is amazing, everytime I look at it I get jealous ;)

Haley said...

Yayyy for a post! Loved the part about Homer asking for a box and Dad's "patience." She is such a sweet baby and we're so excited to have another peice of heaven in our fam!

AJ said...

You have a great birthday story for Kennedy and she can always feel like she really was RIGHT THERE with you guys.

I was kind of hoping you would go into labor in the Temple, though. I always wondered what that would be like. But for your sake, I am so glad it didn't happen!

Congratulations again. She is a beautiful baby! All that HAIR!

Todd & Cally Migliaccio said...

SHE IS SOOOO CUTE!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR SEALING THAT IS GREAT. WE ARE VERY PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU AND YOUR LITTLE FAMILY. I'M SURE JORDAN LOVED YOUR BABY AND GOT TO KNOW HER BEFORE SHE LEFT HEAVEN. COME AND SEE US SOON SO WE CAN HOLD LITTLE KENNEDY.
LOVE YA, TODD & CALLY

The Astle Family said...

Hey, I want to hear more about that cute new baby at your house! Pictures would be good too.